Twin Mountain-Bretton Woods Fall Foliage Information
We are on the famous 100 mile loop with scenic byways all around us. Enjoy a scenic drive thru Franconia Notch and Crawford Notch. Take a hike up Arethesa Falls or take pictures at the water falls in Crawford Notch. The scenic foliage splendor changes with each view and corner you drive.
Photo courtesy of White Mountain Attraction
Scenic Byway Maps
Take a tour of the White Mountains via the Kancamagus Highway, one of the nation’s most spectacular scenic byways! The directions are simple and the trip is truly unforgettable, at any time of year.
· Follow Route 3 west out of Twin Mountain for about 10 miles until you come to I-93.
· Take I-93 south through Franconia Notch. (The views are spectacular, and include such famous sites as the former location of the Old Man of the Mountains, the Flume Gorge, and Cannon Mountain.)
· After the Notch, take Route 112 east – also called the Kancamagus Highway. (Pronunciations vary, but it’s generally regarded as “kank-ah-mah-gus!”)
· Follow this road for about 30 miles until you come to Bear Notch Road, which leaves on the left. (There are many, many terrific sights to see along the way, so make sure you give yourself plenty of time for this part of the trip!)
· Bear Notch Road will take you into the Town of Bartlett in about 10 miles. (There are many outlooks along the way.)
· When you come to the intersection with Route 302, take a left, heading west. (Watch for moose along the way!)
· Route 302 will bring you back to Twin Mountain in approximately 15 miles.